6/7/10

UNO Party...

I got the idea for an UNO party for the boys from an adorable UNO shirt found on the blog Made... you can check it out here. I suggested the idea to my husband and he thought it was a little odd I was mentioning an idea for the babies 1 year party when they were only about 6 months old. Anywho, the idea stayed with me and this is how we celebrated...

THE INVITES

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE a good invite... it's the first impression of what your party is going to be and I like them to be special. To save time and money sometimes I do an electronic version, but I really do love and prefer a hands on, open an envelope and read, stick it on your fridge as a reminder, type invitation.

I found some UNO cards with the original look from my childhood on Ebay. I scanned them in on the computer and then made an invitation the same size as the card to put on the back. I had fun figuring out how to incorporate the different UNO card names in the invitation. After gluing the card and the invite together I had them laminated to give them the look and feel of a real UNO card.



Conveniently I already had these wonderfully cute little envelopes that I bought a while back at Envelope Mall.com. The cards fit perfectly in them. I started out using the vellum, green dot and red, but ended up using vellum for the majority of them. I thought they looked so fun with the number one showing through. My 7 and 4 year old helped me hand deliver a bunch and then I slipped the rest into a bigger envelopes to mail those we didn't catch and out of towners.

3 comments:

The McArthur Family said...

One of my favorite invitations of all time. So well done! I was giddy when it arrived in the mail; I just love cute things!

Erin said...

Thanks for an awesome idea! My twins are turning one in a few weeks, and I've had such a hard time picking a party theme, but I think I've found it! Love the invite - especially the part about SKIP the gifts :)

Unknown said...

Omg! You're suchhhh a lifesaver! I saw on etsy where a company was doing invitations for over $40 for just 15 invitations! Now that I've ran across this post, it'll save me sooo much money and make the invitations that much more special! Thank you so much for sharing!