10/19/09

Mini "caramel" apples

I tried making mini caramel apples last year. They looked cute at first, but the juices from the apple soaked through and the caramel wouldn't stay on them. I found out later that you can make them using peanut butter or butterscotch chips so they just appear to be caramel apples (check out FamilyFun for instructions and other fun Fall ideas). So this year I tried it with peanut butter chips...
You can get about 25 mini "caramel" apples (give or take depending on how many you and your family pop in your mouth while making) with 3-4 apples and one 10oz bag of chips.
They are delicious little bites of goodness and look adorable! They're probably best for making and eating in the same day/night. If you have leftovers make sure to refrigerate them.

1 comment:

Ward Family said...

Fun stuff Amanda! You are living my dream...I am a crafter at heart with no time to do it.